25 September, 2015

5 Must-have Items for Fall


Hey guys! 
Besides from temperatures dropping a little here in Chicago, we are still waiting for Autumn to make an appearance.
Never-the-less, I have been getting SUPER excited compiling my ever-growing list of Fall wardrobe essentials. Although I could literally write a novel about what I am loving, I have narrowed it down to what I think are the top-5 must-haves. 
Sooo lets get to it....

1. Faux-Suede Skirt 
You guys don't know how happy I am that suede skirts seem to be the 'it' piece this Fall. Not only are they incredibly versatile, great for transitioning from Summer to Fall, and come in a bunch of different colours; suede is such a soft material that I know when I wear mine I will be stroking it ALL DAY. Suede skirt + shaved legs = yes please. 
My favorite suede skirt that I have found has been this button-down brown one. I could go on and on about the endless outfit combinations that are possible with it, but I will save that for an upcoming outfit-of-the-day post. Watch this space!

2. Blanket Scarves 
Anyone who knows me knows that when the cooler weather rolls around, I practically live in scarves. Blanket scarves are my favorite for Fall because they are super cosy, can dress up any outfit and can double as a poncho/cardigan which is another look I have been seeing and loving! I have been crushing on this scarf and recently purchased this one. Im so excited to bundle up in it once it starts getting cooler! 

3. Swing Dresses
For me, dresses are an essential part of my wardrobe. With the addition of some accessories, they can be dressed up or down for any occasion, customized for the ever-changing weather AND look different each time you wear them! I am loving this black dress and also this Old Navy one which (yay) comes in petite. I am so excited to pair dresses with my Fur Vests and blanket scarf for the ultimate cozy-but-cute look. 


4. Fur Vests 
I am so happy that fur vests are making a return this season! Fur Vests are perfect to dress up even the simplest outfits and really give that extra something to your look. I have been seeing lots of faux-fur and faux-shearling vests and I can't decide which one I love more! Although I was at first intimidated by the fur, I soon grew to love it as I realized how versatile they really are. From skinny jeans and a sweater to a dress and booties, the possibilities are endless!

5. Riding Boots 
Finally, we have my most-worn, ultimate Autumn accessory: riding boots. Worn with leggings, jeans, dresses, skirts, bin-bags, you name it, you won't really see me wear anything else! On my wish-list are these super affordable boots which I love in both the brown and the black. Finding the exact pair for your legs can be a mission, but it is definitely worth it.

So there are my top-5 must haves! All of these pieces are so versatile (and go so well together too) and you will see me them wear many, many times during the season. 
Although I am sad that this gorgeous weather will soon be over, writing this post has made me very excited for this coming season. 
Thank you for reading, and I hope I got you excited for the Fall! 





2 comments:

  1. I love those boots but they are only available in one size -- 8.5. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are so cute! Have you tried looking on amazon for them?

      Delete